A rainy night is always the perfect time to do some baking and relaxing. Tonight I decided to whip up some marshmallow stuffed s’mores cookies. Yessss people, this is a real thing! Veggie And The Beast has just the recipe you need to make these delicious and decadent cookies in your own kitchen!
Recipe from Veggie And The Beast:
YIELD: 20-22 cookies // PREP TIME: 1 hour 15 minutes // COOK TIME: 10 minutes // TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 2½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup hand-crushed graham crackers, NOT fine crumbs
- 10-11 large gelatin-free marshmallows (see notes), cut in half
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream the butter for a minute or two, then pour in the sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Mix in the honey, and then beat in the eggs.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips, and then gently fold in the graham cracker pieces.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop up 1 tablespoon of dough, roll into a ball, flatten, and set down on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Set the marshmallow right in the middle. Top with another tablespoon of flattened dough and press together. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, until the sides are golden. Let sit on the cookie sheet for a couple minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack.