You’ve heard of mochas, mochacinos, macciatos, but what about a dairy free macaccino? This delicious beverage made with maca – the incan superfood- provides even-leveled energy with no crashes or jitters. Yup. For real. A macaccino is a great way to start your day whether you’re trying to cut back from coffee or just prefer your morning beverage sans caffeine.
Maca is an adaptogen that packs some real health benefits:
- balances the endocrine system
- increases energy and endurance
- improves skin and hair
- rich in anti-depressant properties
- improves mental clarity
- boosts immunity
- 1 tablespoon maca powder (love Navitas products as they’re certified organic, use third party testing, are minimally processed and sustainably grown)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 cup milk alternative (my favorite for this is macadamia nut milk)
Combine dry ingredients (maca and cacao) in mug. Add three tablespoons of water and mix to form a paste. Add cold milk alternative for a refreshing and light macaccino. Or heat the milk to desired temperature and blend with macs + cacao paste for a warm creamy drink. If desired, add a dash of stevia or honey to sweeten.